Monday, December 14, 2009

2nd Monday: Back in action!

Folks, a couple of people have written to me asking why no post since last Thursday.

Well, I got to a point on Thursday when two things happened: the talks were adjourned almost indefinitely (which was a bit distressing - and I didn't want to write in a bad frame of mind) and I got tired. I have a couple of catch-up posts in preparation, and as I was in London on the w/e (having a great time with our son and daughter in law), I didn't work there. I did scour the pommie papers however, and there's generally objective and positive reporting. Most papers had two+ pages, and an editorial. The EU stumping up some serious money for the next three years helped.

There are currently - at 1340 Monday, 10k people OUTSIDE the Bella Centre, and it's taking up to 5 hours to register new attendees... It's also about 2 degrees, after being -3 or so overnight (which must make standing in a queue less fun).
The Bella wifi was down yesterday, and today is a bit shaky, but it's keeping up with the 20k+ users inside! We have had to get "Secondary Cards" to allow us to enter from Tuesday onwards, as the numbers are so huge that the place is bulging. The ISES team will share a couple of cards...

Been helping incoming ISES President Dave Renne prepare for a TV interview this morning, and a press conference tomorrow, so no time to finish my part posts. But I'll get back to it later. Sorry for the inconvenience, but I can only fit so much in.

No comments:

Post a Comment